Blender 3.5 New Features Explained
Blender 3.5 is here with major features :
Blender 3.5 is here with major features such as hair nodes, vector displacement map brushes, real-time compositors, and more. Mac users can use Metal for 3D viewports while Cycles has a light tree for more effective sampling.
These features will make creating and grooming fancy hair, intricate shapes, and nice results easier and faster. Check these release notes :
- Blender 3.5 introduces new hair nodes for creating and grooming hair, fur, and grass.
- 26 built-in hair assets in the Essential Assets library.
- Vector displacement maps brushes are added to the drawing brush in the sculpt mode.
- Real-time compositor with GPU-based backend.
- Mac users can now leverage massive performance improvements with Metal.
- Cycles now use Light Tree to more effectively sample scenes with many lights.
|Blender 3.5 New Features Explained|
Blender 3.5 hair nodes
Blender 3.5 release has finally arrived, and it has brought some major new features with it. One of the biggest is the new blender hair nodes feature.
This Curves base hair system was first introduced in Blender 3.3, but now it has been taken to a whole new level with the addition of nodes. This means that creating and grooming hair is now easier than ever.
Blender Assets library
The Essential blender Assets library now includes 26 built-in blender 3.5 hair assets split into categories, deformation, generation, guides, utility, read and write. This allows you to generate new hair curves on a surface mesh from scratch at point locations.
- You can also interpolate, duplicate, attach, clump, curl, braid, frizz, smooth, and roll these hair curves.
Blender 3.5 vector displacement map brushes
Another big feature that has been added is support for Blender 3.5 vector displacement map brushes. This was added to the draw brush in the sculpt mode and allows you to produce intricate shapes with overhangs in a single brush stroke such as ears, noses, mouths, horns, and more.
Blender 3.5 compositor
The last major feature that has been added is the real-time blender 3.5 compositor. This is arguably one of the best features so far, and it is incredibly helpful.
Blender compositor allow you to work with their composites and effects in real-time, meaning that they can make real-time changes to their composites and see the effect instantly.
Blender model while also compositing :
Blender developers have recently introduced a new feature called “What You Comp Is What You Get” (WYCIWYG), which is a GPU-based compositor backend for their 3D viewport.
This feature allows to :
- model while also compositing, with overlays drawn on top of the compositing result.
Blender 3.5 CyclesBlender 3.5 Cycles has also been improved, with a light tree allowing for a more effective sampling of scenes with many lights. This feature gives users the ability to achieve the desired result faster.
- These are only some of the features included in Blender 3.5. For the full release notes, users can check out the link.
This new update brings great news for 3D software users, hoping to stay updated with the latest news and advancements in the CG industry.
Overall, Blender 3.5 has brought some major features to the table which will make it easier for users to create amazing art and animations. With the new hair nodes, vector displacement maps brushes, and real-time compositor, Blender 3.5 has truly changed the game.